Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Follow-up on both patient and insurance balances
- Submit appeals on claims that are denied for contracted and non-contracted payors.
- Evaluating correspondence/Explanation of Benefits from all insurance carriers
- Review patient mail and “bad” mail
- Report any consistent problem patterns with contractual carriers to management.
- Other responsibilities assisting Supervisor on special projects.
- Medical Billing Experience with knowledge of insurance explanation of benefits
- Follow-up experience with both patient and insurance companies
- Phone skills and payment posting
- Thorough knowledge of software applications, excel and word
- Strong organizational and communication skills
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma and/or Business School Diploma
- Medical coding courses or certification preferred.