Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Heavy calendar management including the coordination of complex executive meetings. Requires interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants, as well as consultants.
Includes: checking for availability, sending meeting invitations, obtaining rooms, setting up bridge lines, catering orders, confirmation of attendance, sending reminders and rescheduling as needed, and providing relevant materials when available.
- Makes complex travel arrangements (domestic & international) within company policy.
Includes: booking air, car and hotel; generates itinerary with all contact numbers and information and attaches necessary documentation needed for trip; updates calendar with all information. Ability to rearrange travel on short notice quickly and accurately is a must
- Creates, updates and submits expense reports in a timely manner.
- Photocopies and distributes documents as needed; opens and distributes mail; processes overnight deliveries
- Answers phones and directs all incoming calls to appropriate party promptly and efficiently; takes and transmits messages in a professional manner.
- Types, edits, prints and stores memos/documents with attention to detail; independently develops responses to letters and correspondence on behalf of executive, as appropriate.
- Prepares and edits visual presentations in PowerPoint.
Back-up Administrative Support
- Provides seamless back-up support for other executive/administrative assistants and receptionist during emergencies, sick and vacation time.
- Provides Project Management
- Prioritizes and manages multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously, and follows through on issues in a timely manner; independently follows-up on deliverables due to executive(s), as appropriate.
Checks deadlines on incoming requests and puts preliminary work in play.
•Other specific project management responsibilities may be assigned to this role if/when the scope of this position is expanded to provide support to additional executives
Professional and Positive Representative of Company
- Represents the Company in a positive, friendly and professional manner to both internal and external contacts; receives and directs visitors in a professional manner.
Independently performs confidential office/administrative duties with speed, accuracy and a positive pleasant attitude; creates and maintains highest levels of confidentiality
- Collaborates with other executive assistants to identify “best practices” and a consistent approach to cross department functions
- Must have a minimum of 7 years experience as an executive assistant
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience providing administrative support to c-level senior executives
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience interacting with a Board of Directors and/or Executive Committees
- Must have demonstrated experience of proactively identifying and analyzing problems, generating alternative solutions, and making decisions on choices with minimal or no supervision.
- Must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting multiple executives
- Must be able to work well without supervision.
- Must be able to work in a team environment, determine priorities and assume initiative.
- Must be flexible and able to work in a fast paced environment handling multiple and changing priorities.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must exhibit effective interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Sharepoint)
- Must be flexible with working extended hours as the needs of the business dictate.