The IT Director of Infrastructure & Security reports to the CIO, and is an experienced, hands-on technical leader responsible for ensuring that enterprise network and infrastructure performs within standards and is availability 24/7. A network interruption can disrupt any or all company operations, and can prevent over 100 daily data feeds from hospitals, as well as prevent TBAR anesthesia record processing from hospitals. The Director leads the technical design, architecture, and operations support including infrastructure strategy and business continuity for the infrastructure. In collaboration with the CIO, the Director is also responsible for enterprise data security (prevent, detect, respond) and IT compliance and disaster recovery. The Director must ensure system performance and availability for the enterprise network and critical infrastructure that supports high transaction volume for revenue cycle billing and corporate communications (email, SharePoint, Skype). Failure of these systems can quickly lead to a corporate operational and financial crisis. Availability for 24/7 support is an expectation, and membership in the “Pager Duty” notification system for receiving system generated notifications at any time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct infrastructure capacity planning and manage the IT Infrastructure team which includes 24/7 Infrastructure and Systems Operations, Infrastructure Architecture, Network Engineering, Systems Engineering, and Storage.
- Identifies, Develops and Implements the IT Infrastructure Strategy and Roadmap aligning it with the overall IT and business strategic plans.
- Responsible for effective and efficient delivery of all internal and 3rdparty managed IT Infrastructure used to support all business applications and processes across the company.
- Lead and Manage the Information Security Plan which includes Cybersecurity, Security Architecture, Incident Response, Security Operations, Audit, and Compliance.
- Responsible for ongoing development of security and compliance initiatives including threat and vulnerability management, identity and access management, HIPAA compliance, security awareness.
- Directs Staff to respond to incidents, establish appropriate standards and controls, manage infrastructure and security technologies and establish and implement policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills (oral and written) are necessary
- Manage information security architecture for key infrastructures and capabilities, including, but not limited to: Identify & Access Management; Endpoints; Servers; Network; Database; Mobility; Cloud; Data Protection; Solution Development.
- Strategic and detail oriented with strong customer service acumen.
- Formulate the strategic vision of the infrastructure areas, especially security and ensure the “ever greening” of the IT Services roadmap and plan as it relates to the security and the technology services areas.
- Provide leadership and manages the work activities of direct reports.
- Assess and implement security solutions with remediation plans for areas such as intrusion detection, vulnerability scanning, patch management, penetration testing and others.
- Drive continuous improvements and plan for growth through metrics derived from performance, capacity and availability management.
- Keep current with the latest technologies and research potential cost effective solutions where possible.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Overseeing the monitoring, maintenance, upgrade and administration of all IT systems, including servers, storage, databases, desktops / laptops, mobile phones and peripherals to achieve high availability and performance objectives.
- Ensure a stable and highly available enterprise computing environment, including effective customer communications, problem solving, root cause analysis, and remediation. Responsible for enforcing enterprise standards and reference architecture and for meeting application SLA’s.
- Work with leadership to prioritize company-wide systems needs. Identify emerging information systems and telecommunication system technologies and recommend strategies for enhancing the company’s infrastructure.
- Lead and participate in overall business technology planning, bringing a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems as related to the company’s competitive position.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to handle multiple projects and simultaneously meet tight deadlines
Education & Business Experience
- Bachelor's degree or greater
- 10 years’ experience in complex IT environments managing infrastructure and security areas at a senior level
- Microsoft and other industry certifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee must meet in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform their essential functions.
This position requires the following physical activities: bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, hearing, and visual acuity